Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bladestorm Second Edition - 7600

Even though we do our best to ensure an error-free product, there is still a possibility that something may have escaped our eyes. If you find errors, please don't keep them to yourself.

BS2E PDF Page 168, "Combatant Race Cost & Base Stat Chart" 
"Hiarzi" should be "Hirazi"
-- Corrected in POD Source Files --

(10-17-2016, 05:08 AM)DragonReborn Wrote: Even though we do our best to ensure an error-free product, there is still a possibility that something may have escaped our eyes. If you find errors, please don't keep them to yourself.

Very nitpicky:

Page 11, "Monto and Cro are lesser Goblins and Cro, the greater Goblin, is the
strongest of the group."

should probably read:

"Monto and CroArgh are lesser Goblins and Cro, the greater Goblin, is the strongest of the group."

I'm excited to give 2nd edition a try!

(11-03-2016, 06:25 AM)kyaakone Wrote:
(10-17-2016, 05:08 AM)DragonReborn Wrote: Even though we do our best to ensure an error-free product, there is still a possibility that something may have escaped our eyes. If you find errors, please don't keep them to yourself.

Very nitpicky:

Page 11, "Monto and Cro are lesser Goblins and Cro, the greater Goblin, is the
strongest of the group."

should probably read:

"Monto and CroArgh are lesser Goblins and Cro, the greater Goblin, is the strongest of the group."

I'm excited to give 2nd edition a try!

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy the Bladestorm battles ahead! 

Thank you for bringing up the error! I will correct it in the source files, so the next update will remedy the mix-up.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to help!

Best,
Sebastian

Summary:
The hero creation system states that each skill increase has a point cost of 10, yet, the heroes in S-13.1 to S-13.14 show different point values for passive and active skill ranks. 

Correction:
The fields should read 10 Pts for each skill increase (the calculator also uses 10 Pts per skill). The values 5 - 25 Pts should be treated "Optional".

Background: 
During play testing, a more detailed approach to skill increases was tested that differed between passive and active skills and attributed between 5TPC for Rank1 and up to 25TPC for Rank4. This was dropped for faster play and less complexity.
Just like the optional stat costs on page 173 (the higher the more expensive) players can work with these point costs to encourage the raising of cheaper low level skills during the early stages of a campaign game.

Keep in mind that this will make management of your party more complex and not as fast (like moving the slider from arcade-style to rpg-style).